Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Back into the Game

Dubuffet was in his forties when he decided to leave his family's wine business, move to Paris and be an artist. This decision was in 1942, during Nazi occupation. Dubuffet had previously an ambivalent relationship to art and its value. After 10 years of trying to make it, trying to prove my value in the workforce, and now in the worst possible time, I am choosing to get back into my art practice.

My intention had always been to get back to it, once the circumstances in my life where ideal. Once I could procure that financial security, that man, or achieve the highest level of transformation and enlightenment. There was always something more important than making art. It also didn't help that I was isolated and subjected to all the preconceptions that most people have about art and artists.

Art has always been my raison d'etre, its funny that I resist this and would rather be a mortgage broker.

No comments:

Post a Comment